Built in 1750-53 by the Danish West India and Guinea Company as a Lutheran Church….
An attractive white rectangular structure that was originally the first Lutheran church on St Croix. When the congregation moved to another location in 1831, the building was used over the years as a storehouse, a school, a hospital, and even a bakery! It was built in 1750-53 by the Danish West India and Guinea Company. This structure replaced the orignal church built in 1734. Composed of thick rubble-masonry walls plastered with lime mortar and topped by a carefully framed hipped roof, this building was altered with its successive functions as a military bakery and storehouse, community hall, hospital, school, and now most recently, a museum.